Sunday 21 October 2012

Randall Bailey's lousy performance sets a CompuBox record!

On Saturday night (October 20th) Randall Bailey attempted to make a successful first defence of his title against 25-year old Devon Alexander. Unfortunately for the fans in the crowd and the viewers at home, he did not fight like a champion at all. He was very inactive and showed little enthusiasm throughout the whole fight. This allowed Alexander to just cruise to a unanimous decision victory.

The 38-year old's poor performance actually set a CompuBox record. The punch-counting company calculated that Bailey landed 45 punches throughout the entire fight, the lowest amount of connections in any twelve round fight. He also only threw 198 punches, less than half of the amount that Alexander did. The statistics showed that the 25-year old threw 534 and landed 120. 

Alexander is now a two division world champ at and on a 3-0 winning streak since his only career loss to Timothy Bradley. However, the American was not overly pleased with his performance.

"I was cautious," said Alexander. "I should've let my hands go a little bit more, but when you fight a guy like that you have to be smart. He was slower than I thought, but tricky as a veteran, I felt like I hurt him with my jab, but I should've let my hands go more."

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

No comments:

Post a Comment