Monday 22 October 2012

Alexander claims that he hasn't heard of Brook... May use him as a tune-up!

American welterweight Devon Alexander became a two-division world champion on Saturday night when he picked up the IBF welterweight title against Randall Bailey. He now faces the decision as to who he will face next. 

Also on Saturday night, British welterweight No.1 Kell Brook became the mandatory challenger for Alexander's title after putting on an impressive performance and stopping Hector Saldivia in just three rounds. After the fight Brook and his promoter Eddie Hearn made it clear that they want Alexander next. 

When asked about Kell Brook in an interview with worldboxingnews.net, Alexander took the opportunity to knock Brook a peg or two.

"I didn't see the fight and I barely know Kell Brooks," said Alexander (note that he doesn't even pronounce his name correctly).

"We will see what my advisor Al Haymon and my trainer Kevin Cunningham come up with. Right now, I'm not even worried about Kell Brooks because I barely know him and who is he anyway?"

"I never saw him fight before so I can't rate him, but maybe he can be used as a tune up... Right now there are a lot of options and I'll just leave it up to my trainer and advisor to deal with."

Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sports claims that he will attempt to force Alexander to defend his belt against Matchroom's 26-year old welterweight star. There is a chance that the fight could happen in the US but it has been made clear by Hearn that they would like the fight to be in Brook's hometown of Sheffield.

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

No comments:

Post a Comment