Friday 12 October 2012

Hatton hoping for Pacquiao or Mayweather rematch down the line!

Former four-time world champion Ricky Hatton steps into the ring for the first time in over three years on November 24th for his highly anticipated comeback fight. To start off with, it will be Vuacheslav Senchenko in the ring with him, but he believes he can work his way back to fights with some of this generation's biggest names.

Boasting a tremendous 47-fight record Hatton has only suffered two losses and they were against the two best fighters of this generation... Floyd 'Money' Mayweather and 'The Pacman' Manny Pacquiao. Whilst Hatton promises he is not looking past Senchenko, he is hoping to one day earn a chance of redemption against either of these fighters.

"I have only been beaten by the two best boxers of our generation, so ultimately it would be good to have redemption by fighting one of them again and winning," Hatton said in an interview with World Boxing News. "I want to get back up there at the top of my game, so I suppose that would be the ultimate goal for me to get back at the very top."

Two other fights that looks likely for Hatton if he beats Senchenko are against domestic rivals Amir Khan and Kell Brook.

"Amir is a good friend of mine and I would definitely be interested in fighting him down the line," said Hatton.

"Everybody thought I would box Amir or Kell Brook in my comeback and those fights do interest me but not now, down the line."

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

No comments:

Post a Comment