Friday 17 August 2012

K9 is now a free agent, Eyes Miguel Cotto...

Cornelius 'K9' Bundrage.

IBF light-middleweight champion Cornelius 'K9' Bundrage has parted ways with his trainer and manager Manny Steward as he contract has expired and he does not intend to renew it. He is now a managerial and promotional free agent after his promotional contract with Don King ended earlier this year.

The former Contender series participant commented on the situation and claims that there are no hard feelings and it is nothing personal.

"I don't have any hard feelings or anything with my former manager Manny Steward. I kind of feel like how LeBron James felt when he became a free agent. He had a choice where he could stay with Cleveland or go to Miami and he went to Miami and became a world champion. My new manager will have it easy. He doesn't have to make me a champion. I am already a world champion. He just has to get me the big fights. He will be in a good situation," explained Bundrage.

K9 has been pretty inactive in the last few years of his career but his main target for the future is to become a more active fighter. His last fight was on June 30th where he knocked out Cory Spinks and that has been his only appearance in the ring so far this year.
At the moment, there is only one fighter that K9 wants, and that is Miguel Cotto.

"I would love to fight Cotto" said Bundrage. "He is a free agent just like me so a fight between him and me shouldn't be hard to make. I know he has a date to fight at Madison Square Garden in New York but he can come fight me here for my belt."

No comments:

Post a Comment