Sunday 1 April 2012

Dereck Chisora: "Maybe I'll run around the streets naked"


British heavyweight Dereck Chisora has surprisingly become a big hit 
with the fans and local reporters in Moscow after participating in a 
press conference with Roy Jones Jr and Kostya Tsyzu. 

'Delboy' is in Moscow to attend the WBA cruiserweight title fight 
between champion Denis Lebedev and and Shawn Cox. The fight is set to 
take place on April 4th at Crocus City Arena. 

When the intrigued reporters asked Chisora how he intended to spend his 
time in the country, he answered with a statement that drew a lot of laughter the local fans and journalists. 

"What do you want to see? Maybe I'll run around the streets naked. If you want to see it, I'll do it. I'm a fun person," said Chisora. 

WBA Champ Povetkin
Chisora has always been wild, crazy and controversial, everyone knows 
about his antics before and after his world heavyweight title clash 
with Vitali Klitschko. He once even kissed his opponent on the lips 
during the face-off at their weigh-in and bit another opponents ear during one of the earlier fights in his career. 

Chisora has announced that he is going to hit the gym next month due to 
the fact there have been talks of a title fight between WBA 'regular' heavyweight Champion Alexander Povetkin and himself. 

He spoke with 
local promoter/ manager Vlladimir Hyrunov about a possible fight but 
has said that he is not entirely focused on having this fight in the 
fall as he wants to get his career back on track first. 

“My next competition is with myself, because I need to lose weight. I’m 
going to be in the gym for the next month and a half. The Cannes film 
festival is on, so I can’t go looking like this," said Chisora.

No comments:

Post a Comment