Monday 26 March 2012

Fury Vs Rogan is now for the Irish title!

Tyson Fury  Vs Martin Rogan is now for the vacant Irish heavyweight title. The fight was originally set to be a non-title fight but now the Boxing Union of Ireland have confirmed that Fury has the right to box for the title after proving his Irish ancestry.
Fury said that his cousin Andy Lee who is top middleweight contender helped him prove that he was Irish.
“Andy’s father went to the boxing union of Ireland and signed an affidavit that my grandmother was Irish so all the talk about me being Irish or not has been put to be” explained the former British champion.
The fight will take place at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast on April 14th and Fury is very happy that he is now fighting for the Irish title.
“Fighting Martin Rogan at the Odyssey arena was always a fight that I wanted and now for it to be confirmed for the Irish title is fantastic!”
He also claims that he is going to be in the shape of his life and box better than he has ever done before. Even better than when he beat Dereck Chisora for the British title back in the summer of last year.
“I’m not going to make excuses, I had some problems that I was going through in my last two fights but this time I will be in unbelievable shape and I think everyone will be shocked by just how good I look” said Fury.
Joining Fury and Rogan on the show will be Chris Eubank Jr in his third professional bout.
Tickets for the fight are still available and can be purchased on either Ticketmaster or from the Odyssey Arena Box Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment