Monday 26 March 2012

Kimbo Slice's latest fight travesty...

Kimbo and Greene go head-to-head.
If you missed Kimbo Slice Vs Brian Greene at the weekend because you were watching the bigger fights between the likes of Garcia and Morales, to be honest you are very lucky. I think even an average spectator who doesn't even know much about the sport would have been angered at what they had witnessed.

It was Kimbo's 4th professional fight and his 4th win but most people think that in no way what so ever did he deserve the victory.

Greene out-boxed him throughout all of the fight until there was 3.3 seconds left on the clock. That was when Kimbo threw three punches that looked more like taps. These three 'punches' were apparently hard enough to knock Michael Greene down.

Now, I know that Greene weighed a lot lighter than the 'in-shape' Kimbo Slice but those punches looked like they wouldn't even knock a welterweight out.

Another thing that looked a bit fishy to me was the way Greene plummeted to the canvas after he had been hit by the shots. I don't know if any of you saw Gillian McKeith's 'fake' feint on last years Im A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here... If you did, it looked a lot like that.

You may think that I'm over exaggerating but I assure you I am not the only one who has said this. Over the past two days I've seen so many articles saying the same sort of thing about the fight and I'm sure that once you watch the video of the fight on YouTube you will understand what I am going on about.

Anyway, back to the fight... Nearly everybody in the crowd had Greene winning the fight (as you can hear from their chants in the video on YouTube) and he had taken much bigger shots earlier in the fight than the ones that knocked him down.

So... What caused the knockdown? Was the fight fixed? Did Greene take a dive?

Let us know what you think on Twitter (@BoxingOpinions1)

No comments:

Post a Comment