Monday 10 June 2013

Interview with Tony Grano

By Jack @PriceyJ97 - @BoxingOpinions1


BoxingOpinions managed to get a quick interview with American heavyweight Tony Grano last week. The charismatic 32-year old is coming off a loss but remains confident that he can still do big things in the heavyweight division. A boxing fan, he also gives his thoughts on the heavyweight division in Britain, Europe and worldwide.


So you expressed your interest on Twitter of fighting European heavyweight champ Kubrat Pulev.. Why he is your main target?


I would like to fight Pulev next or in the near future because he is ranked #1 in the IBF and before my last fight I was ranked 6th in the WBC and he was 7th. I think it would be a great fight and perfect for me to redeem myself. 

What would be your prediction if you did get the fight?


I predict that would win and prove to the world that I am a top world-class fighter.

Any other young, up and coming heavyweights you would like to take on?


Yes, Anyone in the top 10 in any of the divisions. There has been talk of me fighting Adamek next, so we will see. 

Your last fight was a points loss the to Eric Molina.. Where do you feel you went wrong?


In the Molina fight, I messed up I wasn't busy enough and I should have been way more aggressive. Like I was in the 12th round. 

You put him down in the 12th, would you like a rematch with him? Or are you targeting bigger things?


Yes I would love a rematch so I can avenge my loss, and we are trying to get one. But I think he is scared, so we are looking for other possible fights to put me back in the top 10 rankings. 

In America right now, what young prospects do you believe we should look out for?


Top young prospects in America to look out for, Curtis Stevens, Will Rosinsky, and me Tony TNT Grano!

Malik Scott travels to the UK to face Dereck Chisora next month.. Are you a fan of Scott?


I don't know much about the Malik Scott but I wish him the best

What are your thoughts on the current British heavyweight scene? Haye, Fury, Price, Chisora etc.. Who would you say is the best?


They are all decent fighters. But I would have to say, I think (David) Haye is the best of them. 

You've fought a few top fighters and only lost 3 times, who would you say is the toughest you have fought?


(Nicolai) Firtha gave me some trouble but I feel the fight was stopped premature. He had me stunned for a second but I was on my feet and I had just thrown a three punch combination landing with every punch when the ref jumped in to stop the fight, it was complete BS. Either way he give me the most trouble. 

What are your aims and objectives for the next year in your career?


I aim to get myself back into the top rankings and put myself in position for a title shot. 

Finally, could you give a message to your fans that have supported you and are picking you to still do big things in the heavyweight division?


To all my fans I would like to say thanks for sticking with me throughout my career. We all know this is the toughest sport in the world. The worst thing in life is wasted talent and I'm not going to waste mine. So I promise you all that continue to stick by me.  I will always give my best and never quit or give up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment