Thursday 31 January 2013

Martinez sends out warning to Frampton!

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

European super-bantamweight champion Kiko Martinez travels to Belfast on February 9th to take on highly-rated Irishman Carl Frampton. The Spaniard goes into the fight as the slight underdog but he claims that he will KO his "un-tested" opponent. 

"I feel I will win by knockout, or they'll stop the fight (be)cause of the beating I'm going to put on him. That's how I see it in my mind," Martinez told WorldBoxingNews. 

"I don't worry about the judges. This is a great country for boxing, it's a serious title up for grabs and it's not Germany or France. They know about boxing here and the judges will be fair."

"I think Frampton will try to run, I think he'll box and he won't go toe-to-toe. I know I'm a lot stronger than him. When I'm in the ring with him, he won't want to fight with me. He knows it, his corner knows it and all of Ireland knows it."

Martinez is a well-known fighter in Ireland having fought there four times already, and has no worries of facing the home favourite in Frampton. He also believes that 'The Jackal's' most recent victory over former world champ Steve Molitor was not as impressive as some people think.

Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment