Friday 16 November 2012

Yusaf Mack believes this is his time!

Tomorrow night (Saturday 17th November) Carl Froch will attempt to make the first successful defence of his IBF super-middleweight title at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham. All the buzz is around 'The Cobra' and who he will face next but some people seem to forget that he has to get past Yusaf Mack in the ring tomorrow if he wishes to go on and face the likes of Ward, Kessler and Bute.

Yusaf Mack is the huge underdog going into this fight but the former light-heavyweight claims that he is used to this and this is his time. When talking to Kevin Francis of The Daily Star he explained why his childhood will help him dig deep and win this fight.

"It was terrible and 10 people were killed (the gym where he used to train). It was a drug house," said Mack. "People went in there and they robbed it and they killed everybody."

"I always say that somebody from my neighbourhood has got to make it. I feel like I'm the only one and have to do what I gotta do. You needed to be strong. I feel like I have been through a lot but this is my time. Froch has had his time. He had his world title shot. Now its my time, after what I've been through."

This will be the third time that Mack has challenged for a world title. He has failed on the two previous occasions.

"I've let my kids down too many times, by telling them I'm going to win a fight and then coming up short. But I came up short those other times because of me. This time my whole thing is to win."

"I failed those other tests, but this time going to get myself 100 per cent. Its past due. My time is past due."

"I have always been the underdog. I like being the underdog. I'm strong. I've got dancing feet. I have got to prove to myself, nobody else, that I deserve to be here. I'm here for a reason - and to prove it. I have got to beat this guy. People may have doubts about me, but I am fighting for my life, I'm leaving it all in the ring. I am ready for it."

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97 - priceyboxing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment