Friday 16 November 2012

Kal Yafai relishing the opportunities Hearn is giving him. Looking to fight on Brook-Alexander card.

Kal Yafai will compete in the fifth fight of his professional career this Saturday (November 17th) on the undercard of Carl Froch Vs Yusaf Mack at Capital FM Arena in Nottingham. He faces italian Pio Nettuno in his first scheduled 8-rounder.

Yafai has been extremely impressive in every one of his four fights so far. His promoter Eddie Hearn has noticed the 23-year old's rare talent and is looking to fast-track him through the bantamweight ranks.

"We've trained properly for eight rounds this time so if it goes the full eight, so if it goes the full eight, we've trained for it, but if it doesn't then happy days," Yafai told Sky Sports. "I'm looking to get more rounds under my belt, I'll be happy if it goes six or seven, but if its only one or two again its nothing to cry about as I'm fighting again in three weeks."

"I just look to go out there and box, if it comes it comes, I like to put them away. I know if I just stick to my boxing and don't load up, the powers there to hurt any bantamweight."

By Christmas, Yafai will have had six fights in as many months and looks to continue this high work rate into next year. 

"I'll try to have some kind of break after a busy year and look to get out again in January. You never know if I get the opportunity to box in America on the Kell Brook bill, I won't have a break," he added. "Anything that comes at me I'll take with both hands. Everything's gone perfectly so far and I'm very happy."

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97 - priceyboxing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment