Friday 9 November 2012

Purdy eyes world title bout with Kell Brook!

IBF International champion Lee Purdy faces a tough challenge on December 8th when he meets welterweight contender Carson Jones. However, Purdy believes it is just an opportunity for him to show how good he really is. 

"Everything is going perfect at the moment, I couldn't wish for any better. Come December 8th I'm going to be in the best shape of my life and put on a great performance," said Pury whilst talking to WorldBoxingNews.com

"I will be disappointed with myself if I don't knock Carson Jones out. Me and Carson Jones' styles together - no way this fight goes twelve rounds... If he's overlooking me, he's going to pay with a painful price. Carson Jones is going to feel the full force of me on December 8th."

British welterweight No.1 and IBF mandatory challenger Kell Brook had a very close fight with Carson Jones in June of this year. If Purdy does manage to beat Jones impressively he wants Brook in the UK next year.

"A fight with Kell Brook is obviously what we are looking at. His next fight is for the IBF world title. When I defeat Carson Jones, I can be in line for the first voluntary defence against Kell in Great Britain. It will be a massive fight for the fans and the UK."

"I believe Kell Brook will defeat Alexander and I hope he defeats him. It will just make it a bigger fight for when me and Kell eventually meet... If I do a number on Carson Jones and look good doing it, Kell Brook can't look past me."

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

No comments:

Post a Comment