Monday 19 November 2012

Adrien Broner warns Ricky Burns!

WBC lightweight world champion Adrien Broner is brimming with even more confidence than usual after putting on the performance of his career against Antonio DeMarcoon Saturday night.

"What can I say after a performance like that? That I'm good? I can't say that. That I'm great? I can't say that. I'm elite. I'm an elite fighter who can make a good, great fighter look like an amateur. That's what I did today," said the 23-year old at the post-fight press conference.

"I busted my ass every day. I came into the fight looking for a war, because I know DeMarco is a warrior," he added. "But 'The Problem' stands, 25-0, 21 knockouts. Two time world champion. 23 years old. This has just begun. THE Adrien Broner, 'Mr HBO show'."

Broner also claimed that he is the future of the sport and will soon be taking over from the elite fighters of today. 

"Of course you still have Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao out there, but after that fight, who do you have? Oh yeah, that one guy: Adrien 'The Problem' Broner."

After beating the man who many claim is the No.1 guy at lightweight (Antonio DeMarco) in his first fight at the weight, there's not really any one else Broner can face at 135lb. Many people are calling for a fight between 'The Problem' and British lightweight No.1 and WBO world champ Ricky Burns. However, when asked about Burns Broner just replied: "He will get burned."

Broner finished it off with the words "I don't lose, I don't even like losing weight."

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97 - priceyboxing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment