Tuesday 11 September 2012

Charr demands rematch with Klitschko...


Charr protests when the fight is stopped.

German heavyweight Manuel Charr is demanding a rematch with WBC world champion Vitali Klitschko after losing by a fourth round TKO on Saturday night (September 8th). The fight was stopped after Charr suffered a bad cut early in the fourth round and the doctor stopped the fight. Charr was furious with decision and believes the fight should have never been stopped.

"I came to Moscow to fight. I wanted to continue to fight. I was very motivated to fight with Vitali and to win the title. Anyone who knows me can attest to that. I never would have backed down. Vitali is a great champion, I really respect him but this battle was not win by Vitali. It was won by a doctor. The decision to stop the fight was not my decision. From the moment I started boxing. I became very familiar with the rules of the sport, and I cannot figure out how the doctor came out of Klitscko's corner to inspect my eye. I'm positive that he would at least tried to stop the bleeding but the fight was stopped almost immediately," said Charr.

I half agree with what Charr is saying... He would have fought on and maybe the cut wasn't as bad as it seemed but he must realise that no matter how hard he tries, he is never going to beat Vitali. Charr is actually a pretty decent fighter, and shouldn't have really taken the fight with Vitali at such an early stage in his career. If he goes about it in the right way and fights the right fights he could become a pretty decent fighter. Maybe never world champion but a world contender at least.

By Jack Price (@PriceyJ97)

No comments:

Post a Comment