Tuesday 25 September 2012

A big thanks to all of you!

We've finally made it guys! The @BoxingOpinions1 Twitter account has reached 1000 followers! This article is basically a big thank you message to all of you #boxingheads out there as I really couldn't have done it without you!

When I set this account up, I never ever expected things to go like this. I originally attended it to be a place where a few boxing fans could chat and I'd just give my thoughts on the sport. But then it just took off! I started posting debates and questions and then all of you responded. And I think this just shows how much passion boxing fans have for the sport and that there is a place for everyone in this sport.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The fans are the most important thing in boxing. And they deserve a place where they can be heard and get their views and opinions across, which is what I aim to do. So far, I think it has gone pretty well and I hope you do to, but trust me, it's not over yet... I intend to keep improving the Twitter page and the website day by day. Also remember! If you ever have an idea or a way I can improve BoxingOpinions you know where I am and please let me know.

February 21st is the day I set this up... 3 days after the night of the infamous "Munich Brawl" between David Haye and Dereck Chisora. This incident actually sparked the idea in my head to set this account up. So many people were ranting, accusing and discussing this event but nobody was listening. So I wanted to set this up so people could be listened to, and listen to others. Hence our motto; "The link between the fans and the boxing world."

This brings me to the fighters, promoters, manager, trainers, journalists etc. who have got involved with BoxingOpinions... Because, once again, we couldn't have done it without them either. There's too many of them to name individually but they know who they are and honestly I want to say a massive thank you to all of you! Thanks for the interviews, shout-outs, debating and everything else. You are credits to the sport.

So to sum it all up... A big thank you to all of you and please, please, please keep the support coming. Let's try and make this as big as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment