Sunday 29 July 2012

Interview with Dillian Whyte

This week's interview is with British heavyweight prospect Dillian Whyte...



You haven't been in boxing for long but you've already impressed a lot of people.. Why do you think this is?

Its known now that I work hard and train hard and each bout so far I have improved.

You've sparred with a lot of top-level boxers.. How much has this helped you to improve?

100% if I was sparring with bums I wouldn’t have improved, I want to train with the best in world.

What has been the greatest moment of your career so far?

I’m only 7 and 0 right now, hopefully I will be able to answer that question towards the end of this year.

You only had a short career as an amateur.. What made you chose to turn pro so early?

I got to seven and zero as an amateur The ABA then revoked my licence due to my martial arts background, I then went pro straight away and learnt the hard way, you could say I have been thrown in deep end but I’m a quick learner.

Who were your idols in boxing when you were just starting out?

Lots - Liston, Johnson, Archie Moore, Lenox & James Toney.

How did you get into boxing?

I initially got involved with boxing to improve my hand skills for my Muay Thai bouts, I then meet my trainer Chris Okoh.

Is there anyone out there that you specifically want to fight? 

Not right now, I am just taking one fight at a time.

What do you think are your best and worst attributes as a boxer? 

My best attribute is I have a big heart and my worse is I have big balls!

How far do you think you can go in the sport? 

I believe one day I will be world champion, that’s my goal and I’m serious, me and my team are not hear just to make up the numbers.

What are your aims and ambitions for the future? 

One fight at a time right now.

FAN ZONE (Questions from our fans)
Who do you think is the best heavyweight in Britain right now? 

Haye, Fury & Price.. I can’t pick one!

How are you finding the transition from kickboxing to boxing? 

It was hard a first but slowly I’m getting there, both Klitchko’s also come from a Kickboxing background.

Who would win if David Price and Tyson Fury fought? 

The promoter!

No comments:

Post a Comment