Thursday 14 June 2012

Froch believes Kessler rematch can happen!

Froch and Kessler in their closely contested first fight.
IBF super-middleweight champion of the world Carl Froch is confident that he can land a second fight against Mikel Kessler. A man who has desperately wanted to get revenge on for a long time. Kessler is one of only two men who has beaten Froch. After his fantastic win against Lucian Bute, 'The Cobra' believes that he can tempt 'The Viking Warrior' into a fight in the UK.


"I speak to Mikkel Kessler myself every now and then, he was at my last fight supporting me. I spoke to him after about coming to Nottingham, and I told him 'you owe it to me.' I came to your home and fought you, you've got to come to my home town," told Froch.

"He said if the fight happens, it will be in Nottingham. They've been on the phone to my promoter Eddie Hearn, so they've been trying to sort things out and there's no reason on paper why mid-October this fight can't happen in Nottingham. It can be done."
"It gives me the chance to set the record straight. Kessler comes to fight, if anyone saw the first one it was a great fight, very close and he got a hometown decision. If it was in Nottingham I would have got the decision, this is why the rematch is so interesting and why everyone wants to see it again."

So... There we go. We could be very close to seeing a fight that we all desperately want to see. Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn is desperate to make the fight and it should be relatively easy to make. The fighters want it, the promoters want it and most importantly the fans want it! There should be no problems with the negotiations as both men are true warriors that are not really that worried about money. They are more interested in proving themselves and cementing their legacy.





No comments:

Post a Comment