Saturday 28 April 2012

Saunders Vs Hill: Weigh-In Results and Quotes

Hill (left) and Saunders (right) go head-to-head outside the Royal Albert Hall.
Tonight (April 28th) boxing returns to the Royal Albert Hall for the first time in over 13 years. Headlining the show is Billy Joe Saunders Vs Tony Hill for the Commonwealth middleweight title.

At the weigh-in yesterday Saunders weighed in at 11st 5lb and Hill tipped the scales at 11st 6lb on his second attempt as at first he was 1/2lb over.

Here are what the two fighters had to say about their weights and their upcoming fight:

Saunders: "I've had a great training camp for this fight and I feel fit, strong and ready. I'm not reading too much into him being overweight. I've got my plan to beat him and I'm sticking to it. Let's see if he can back up his pre-fight statements about me not being in the ring with anyone of any note. I'm looking forward to being crowned the new Commonwealth champion."

Hill: "It was only half a pound and when I weighed in half an hour later I was spot on. I'm ready for Saunders and whatever he brings to the ring tonight."

Co-headlining the show is Matthew Hall Vs Sam Webb in the final eliminator for the British light-middleweight championship. They both came in at 10st 3lb.


No comments:

Post a Comment