Showing posts with label Kimbo Slice. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Kimbo Slice. Show all posts

Monday, 26 March 2012

Kimbo Slice's latest fight travesty...

Kimbo and Greene go head-to-head.
If you missed Kimbo Slice Vs Brian Greene at the weekend because you were watching the bigger fights between the likes of Garcia and Morales, to be honest you are very lucky. I think even an average spectator who doesn't even know much about the sport would have been angered at what they had witnessed.

It was Kimbo's 4th professional fight and his 4th win but most people think that in no way what so ever did he deserve the victory.

Greene out-boxed him throughout all of the fight until there was 3.3 seconds left on the clock. That was when Kimbo threw three punches that looked more like taps. These three 'punches' were apparently hard enough to knock Michael Greene down.

Now, I know that Greene weighed a lot lighter than the 'in-shape' Kimbo Slice but those punches looked like they wouldn't even knock a welterweight out.

Another thing that looked a bit fishy to me was the way Greene plummeted to the canvas after he had been hit by the shots. I don't know if any of you saw Gillian McKeith's 'fake' feint on last years Im A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here... If you did, it looked a lot like that.

You may think that I'm over exaggerating but I assure you I am not the only one who has said this. Over the past two days I've seen so many articles saying the same sort of thing about the fight and I'm sure that once you watch the video of the fight on YouTube you will understand what I am going on about.

Anyway, back to the fight... Nearly everybody in the crowd had Greene winning the fight (as you can hear from their chants in the video on YouTube) and he had taken much bigger shots earlier in the fight than the ones that knocked him down.

So... What caused the knockdown? Was the fight fixed? Did Greene take a dive?

Let us know what you think on Twitter (@BoxingOpinions1)

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Kimbo Slice pulls out of fight... But still wants to fight on the same show!

On March 24th Kimbo Slice was set to continue with his undefeated boxing career against Mike Glenn but now it seems he has pulled out of the fight against Glenn but still wants to fight on the same show.
Nobody is quite sure why this is, we just know that a source close to Mike Glenn has announced to the world that Kimbo Slice has pulled out of the fight and that Slice told the promoter of the show that he would still fight on the same day and the same show but against a different opponent. He stated that in no way shape or form did he want to fight Mike Glenn.
It’s only Glenn’s first pro bout... So what reason does Kimbo Slice have to be scared? Maybe he heard that Glenn had only been stopped once during his whole cage fighting career and that was due to a dangerous cut, so maybe he didn’t fancy the chances of knocking him out.
The only excuse that Kimbo’s camp are giving at the moment is that all Kimbo wanted more filming time during the build up to the fight and apparently Glenn’s camp didn’t want that. So they want to fight someone who will not be against filming and will help Kimbo Slice actually get somewhere in his let down of his boxing career.
Going into his first fight Kimbo was a top prospect because of his wrestling and cage fighting background but since then he has failed to live up to the expectations of the fans and the media. This will most likely damage his reputation even more.
The promoter is the person who has really been hit by this as he now needs to quickly try and organise two new fights for the show. One for Kimbo Slice and one for Mike Glenn.