Wednesday 26 June 2013

Bryant Jennings Q&A

By John Hoolan @JohnHoolan


Jennings may be a name new to some of those reading this, however he is a boxer very much on the up within the heavyweight division and possibly the best hope America has of regaining the heavyweight crown in the near future.

Bryant Jennings is a 28 year old heavyweight boxer with a record of 17 fights, 17 wins, 9 by KO and is currently ranked no 3 by the IBF. 

Bryant very kindly agreed to do a Q&A, here are his answers...

1. You have come a long way in a short time, currently being ranked 3rd in the world by the IBF. What is the plan going forward? Where do you expect to be career wise in 2 years time?
My plan is just to keep winning. And in the next two years I see myself either being the champ of the world or have already fought for the title going for it again. 

2. Your trainer Fred Jenkins said after your latest win against Andrey Fedosov that Klitschko was next. Which brother will you aim for?

It'll have to be Vlad

3. You don't generate the same headlines as Wilder, Scott, Tyson Fury or Haye, whilst Hughie Fury has only had 5 fights yet is being hailed by some in the UK as the next big superstar. Does this generate any resentment for you?

It's the politics in boxing. The truth will come out at the end. I ain't letting that get to me though I do notice it. 

4. In this age of super big/tall heavyweights do you think being a "smaller" 6" 2" is an advantage or do you have to work harder?

The bigger they are the harder they fall. Simple

5. Who, in your opinion are the top 5 HWs in the world at the moment?
No particular order Me, Malik Scott, Eddie Chambers, David Haye, Tyson Fury 

6. You had 17 fights as an amateur, do you feel that your "education" is lacking anything?
Nope I'm a master at life so I adjust to anything.   
 
7. Who wins Haye or Fury?
Whoever hits who first. Both their chins are suspect. But Haye has a much better chance. 

8. Who or what is your inspiration to keep going? Do you have any boxing "heroes"?

Motivated just from being broke. Keeping distance from failure and My son of course.

9. If you weren't a boxer what would you be?

I'd be something great. I'd probably be a few things like I am now. Boxing is only one of my many talents. 
 
10. Do you have any messages for your fans in the UK? Or for those that may not be so familiar with you?

Can't wait to debut there in the UK. Thanks for the support. I'm going to  continue to do well and to put my all in every fight. Follow me on twitter and Instagram @byjennings


I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bryant for his time and I would urge you to follow him and his career.

I wish Bryant well...

No comments:

Post a Comment