Sunday 17 February 2013

Price looks to have two more fights before world title shot.

By Jack Price @PriceJ97.

British heavyweight giant David Price believes that himself along with the other up-and-coming heavyweights will bring excitement back to the heavyweight division in coming years. The fast-rising 3-year old believes he is only a couple of fights away from being able to mix it with the world heavyweight champions.

"I don't agree that this is the worst time in history for the division," Price told Nick Parkinson of The Daily Star. "The fact that no one can compete with the Klitschko's has put a lot of people off. But that's a credit to them. They have an effective game plan."

"Once Vitali has retired, and that might be very soon, the division will open up. It will be an exciting time and a generation of young fighters like myself are coming through."



"I can see my fight for the world title early next year. I think after this fight (Price faces Tony Thompson on February 23rd) I will probably have two more this year, and after that I'll be ready."

Price also gave a few words on his controversial domestic rival Tyson Fury: "We have a natural rival in each other and we are lucky to have that. If the fight can be made it will be massive. I'm ready if he wants it, whether it's July or later."

Fury, 24, has also recently expressed interest in this mouth-watering bout and claimed to be willing to take on Price in a world title eliminator in the summer, despite pulling out of the purse bids just days before.

No comments:

Post a Comment