Sunday, 6 January 2013

Mitchell blames himself for Banks loss, Believes rematch will be different.

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.
After his devastating knockout loss to Johnathan Banks back in November 2012, a lot of people tried to persuade Seth Mitchell to bring in a new trainer. But the 30-year old claims that no one is to blame but himself.

"Andre (Hunter) gave great instructions," Mitchell told "We had a great game plan going into that fight man. Like I said, nothing that Johnathan Banks did was a surprise to me. But people were like 'You need a new trainer,' and, 'You need a new this or that'."

"But my trainer didn't tell me to go out there and lunge. He didn't tell me to go out there and be reckless and be overly aggressive. Sometimes, you've got to point the finger at yourself."

"You know, I know what we worked on, and one of the main things Andre said was that we've got to watch out for his left hook when he's up against the ropes. I heard that over, and over, and over again in training camp. But what did I get caught with? This was after I had been hurt and he was up against the ropes, I got caught with the left hook."

To ensure that his career does not take a massive step back, Mitchell is going straight into a rematch with Banks on February 16th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Its a risky move for the former Michigan State linebacker. If he loses then it really will be back to square one for the man who has world title aspirations. 

Mitchell is clearly the better boxer out of the two but has been hurt badly early on in both of his last two fights. His "glass jaw" could be his downfall once again in this fight if he doesn't fight the perfect game plan.

The fight may not be the main event on February 16th, with Adrien Broner Vs Gavin Rees headlining the show. But with the main event being a big mismatch this could well be the most highly anticipated fight on the night.
Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone on O2

No comments:

Post a Comment