Tuesday 15 January 2013

Manuel Charr: The only way Haye beats Klitschko is on a race track!

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

28-year old heavyweight contender Manuel Charr has taken aim at another British heavyweight with his trash-talk. After calling Chisora a "loser" and a bunch of other stuff last week, he has turned his attentions to two-weight world champion David Haye.

'The Hayemaker' seems to be the most likely opponent for WBC world champion Vitali Klitschko if the Ukrainian chooses to fight on. However, Charr, who lost to Vitali on a cut last year, believes that Haye and himself should fight first to decide the rightful challenger for Vitali's title.

"Haye is fast, but unfortunately he uses his speed to run away when he faces a strong guy like he did in his fight against Wladimir (Klitschko)," Charr told worldboxingnews.net


"He is a good fighter when he knows he is winning, but I think he would be scared if he fought Vitali or any other real heavyweight contender... Vitali Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world right now, so I have to say; The only way David Haye can beat Vitali Klitschko is on a race track where he can just run away. In a boxing ring he doesn't have a chance."

Charr is set to return in February against a low-key opponent, but he is eager to get a fight with Haye made as soon as possible.

"David Haye is a cruiserweight. Even though he knocked out some heavyweights, I still don't think that he could handle my power and my pressure. I am young, I am fast and I can punch," Charr claimed. "I am not saying that I would definitely beat David Haye. All I'm saying is this; Let's find out what happens - I'm ready to go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment