Wednesday 9 January 2013

Manuel Charr: Chisora is a loser, I'm not fighting him!

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

Lebanese heavyweight Manuel Charr has gotten rid of any hopes of a fight with British contender Dereck Chisora some time this year. The WBC fringe title-holder is instead looking for two of the big players in the heavyweight division, Vitali Klitschko or David Haye.

Charr, 22-1, went all out when talking about his rumoured opponent.

"I have to agree with David Haye in what he said even before he fought Chisora, that he is a loser," Charr told worldboxingnews.net. "He is coming off three straight losses now, even four if you include the press conference with Haye in Munich. And I'm not interested in beating a guy who has already been beaten by everybody. What's the point?"


"I'm sure I could knock him out, but I guess we'll never find out because I just don't see that fight happening. I'm not desperately looking for an opponent and I think the only fights Chisora can get now is with guys who need to pimp their records with a decent name."

"I'm not afraid to fight anybody, but I am always looking for the biggest possible challenge and there are definitely bigger fish in the sea than Dereck Chisora at the moment. I'd rather take on any of the guys who already beat Chisora than fighting him."

I have to give Charr his due, he can talk the talk. He may not be the most talented heavyweight around today but, like David Haye, he does know how to hype himself up and get the public excited about fights they wouldn't usually be. 

Dereck Chisora on the other hand, is more of an action-speak-louder-than-words guy. However, he has kept a low profile over the past few months and will most likely look to get his confidence back in his next few fights. A domestic showdown with British champ David Price has been mentioned for later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment