Wednesday 7 November 2012

Shawn Hawk hoping to shock the world!

On Saturday night (November 10th) WBO light-heavyweight world champion Nathan Cleverly will defend his title against unknown American and late step-in Shawn Hawk (23-2-1, 17 KO's). "The Sioux Warrior", although given very little chance, believes he can shock the world and beat Cleverly.

"I actually got the call about ten days ago. They asked me if I would be willing to fight so soon. I said hell yeah, especially for the WBO world title," said Hawk in an interview with Boxing News. 
"They told me to be ready. About three days ago they told me it was 100% for sure. I'm excited... I'm ready, I'm in 100% good physical shape and I am ready to shock the world!"

The 28-year old realises that he is the huge underdog going into the fight and many people don't agree with him being given the opportunity. 

"My mentality is good... I can go 12 rounds and I'm not scared of anyone out there," said Hawk. "I would accept a fight with anybody and this one just happens to be against a world champion."

"I know I'm expected to lose. I'm coming into this fight with nothing to lose and everything to gain. The only pressure I feel is from my peers and everyone I know."

"I hope he (Cleverly) trained hard for this fight. I assume he's trained hard as he's a world champion and he doesn't take me lightly. I've been in shape for the last year and a half. I'm hungry and I want this fight, I want this win."

By Jack Price @PriceyJ97.

No comments:

Post a Comment