Sunday 16 September 2012

Ricky Hatton claims no more weight gain between fights...

Out-of-shape.                                              In-shape.

As you all know by now, Ricky Hatton will return to the ring on November 24th, against an opponent that is yet to be named, for the first time since his devastating 2nd round loss to Manny Pacquiao back in 2009. Hatton is now almost 34 years of age and obviously can't do the things that he used to do when he was fighting at the age of 25.

It's no secret that Hatton was not fully committed to the sport even in his "glory days." The Mancunian used to party hard after every fight and always gained about three or four stone in between bouts. He was even nicknamed Ricky "Fatton" for his behaviour outside of the ring, but he claims this will not be the case when returns in November.

"I am going to change my spots but you can't completely change me," said Hatton. "I'm a Jack The Lad and all that but I cringe at the weight I had to lose all those years ago. If I'm going to make a comeback, the three stone I used to shed when I was 25 years of age, I can't shed that as I'm 34 next month."

"Things have got to change. I can't turn round to my fighters and say; 'Listen, keep coming in the gym and do not balloon in weight' if I'm going to go out and do it."

It still waits to be seen whether or not Hatton can fully dedicate his whole entire life to the sport of boxing. I'm sure he will be in tip-top condition for his comeback fight in November. But can he keep it up for the next few years?
 
By Jack Price @PriceyJ97

No comments:

Post a Comment