Monday 14 May 2012

Haye explains restaurant incident with Chisora...

Haye and Chisora face-to-face at press conference.
On July 14th, the most controversial bout of the year will take place at Upton Park. I'm sure I don't need to tell you who it's between but in case you haven't heard... The fight is between bitter heavyweight rivals David Haye and Dereck Chisora. At the press conference for the fight on May 8th, Chisora told us all about an incident where he bumped into Haye at a restaurant in London and the 'Hayemaker' threatened him with a knife. Haye claims that he was "eating steak" and already had the knife in his hand.

In a recent interview, the former WBA world champ explained the incident and also told a little about what he thought of Chisora: "Everywhere I have gone to, restaurants, bars or clubs, they always say Dereck Chisora was in here looking for you... I knew I was going to bump in too him sooner rather than later, although I know he gets knocked back from most of the clubs anyway. He gets bounced off every nightclub in North London."

"So finally I went out to a restaurant in Berkeley Square and he must have been tipped off because he came running in there. I was trying to enjoy a nice meal. He sits down opposite me at my table and says, 'I want to fight you, I want to do this and do that.' I was like, 'Well, we're talking to Frank Warren anyway.' I was with one friend. I thought it [was] going to kick off. I expected to start having a fight but it didn't."

"I was calm, but that was because I knew I could take him down. I've done it already once before. No doubt about it, I'm going to have him for breakfast, lunch, dinner - and dessert as well... He's a moron, he's got delusions of grandeur. He believes losing three title fights on the spin gives him something - he's a loser on every level. He's consistently a loser. I don't know what's wrong with the guy, he talks the most random crap. First he was saying I'd got no style, then he was asking where I got my suit from and what I was doing on Sunday? What comes into this guy's mind?"

No comments:

Post a Comment