Sunday 13 May 2012

David Price talks Fury, Haye & Chisora...

The British heavyweight scene has recently started to heat up, with David Haye fighting Dereck Chisora on July 14th and Tyson Fury attempting to move onto the world level. But, one man who is also attempting to prove he is the No.1 heavyweight in Britain is undefeated Liverpudlian David Price.

The 2008 Olympic bronze medallist will meet Norwich's Sam Sexton on May 19th for the vacant British heavyweight title. Just recently Price's rival Tyson Fury had this belt round his waist but he vacated the title which led may people to believe that he is ducking Price.

Price, 28, still has hopes of one day meeting his domestic rival although it doesn't look like it's going to happen for quite a long time.

"I think Tyson has seen me fight and knows it's too dangerous for him to fight me. Hopefully we can make it further down the line," said the 6ft 9 heavyweight giant. "There's more chance of me fighting Tyson than there is me against Chisora and Haye because they have been in world title fights recently. I've got a while to go before I get to that level... But I believe I'm as good as any of them and could get in the ring with them and compete, but me and Tyson are at similar stages of our career at the moment and it makes more sense."

Price sparred with 'Delboy' Chisora before the Londoner's world title fight with Vitali Klitschko back in February and he also used to spar with with former WBA world champion David Haye. He believes that if Chisora loses in their highly anticipated clash at Upton Park on July 14th then he will move back down to European or British level.

"The likelihood of meeting David Haye is very thin but if Chisora loses he will go back down to European or British level."

He also gave his opinion on how he thinks the Chisora-Haye fight will turn out: "Haye will be on the same level as Chisora and could catch him on the chin. Haye has got the skills and power and I think his speed and reflexes - with Chisora not being the fastest - will be crucial."

No comments:

Post a Comment