Saturday 10 March 2012

Barrera wants rematch with Khan!

Over the past week 38-year old Marco Antonio Barrera has done a lot of talking about Amir Khan, not all of it positive! He still believes that he should not have lost the fight to Khan back in 2009. Barrera was stopped in the fifth round after a clash of heads in the first caused him a severe cut, he now wants revenge for this and he has shown he is not shy in saying so...

Earlier this week he said that Khan is not a true champion as he cried and whined about his controversial loss to Lamont Peterson, who he is due to face in a rematch. He was then quoted saying ''I feel very sad that I fought Amir Khan with the cut and I want one more fight to prove who I am... Amir Khan never fought me - he only hit me with his head. He just needed my name but he never fought with me!''

Amir 'King' Khan was a little kinder with his words, saying ''I have big respect for Marco but I had to lose that respect for him in the ring to beat him and prove myself.''

But now it is Barrera who has something to prove... He had an amazing career winning many world titles and also stopping the almost unstoppable run of Naseem Hamed in 2001 but he still feels that the one last thing that he has to do is beat Amir Khan.


No comments:

Post a Comment